Introduction - an end-to-end copywriting project

There's plenty of advice for budding copywriters out there.

But how do you put it into practice?

In this series, I attempt to find out.

I am going to do a step by step copywriting project and show the thinking, techniques and mistakes (which there will be plenty of!) that go into learning this art.

This is also a learning process for myself. Although I have 7+ years of copywriting experience, this has mainly been proposals and long-form responses. I have little experience of web or SEO copy, and I hope to find the best ways to pick up these skills and share these with you

The brief

The customer is Ahimsa Yoga, a self-employed yoga teacher currently offering two classes per week in my town of Haywards Heath, Sussex. The copywriting will cover:

  • Web copy to appeal to new students
  • Content for Facebook that helps increase reach
  • A consistent brand and tone of voice 
Ahimsa has no existing copy, so I will be starting from scratch

The project

I want this to be a real end-to-end, mind-to-screen project that starts with a blank page and ends with a full class (hopefully!)

And I want you to take away some valuable information about how self-taught copywriting can be put into action - and how you can do this for your own business.

The project will include:

  • Brainstorming ideas
  • Copywriting structures and formulas
  • Customer perspective
  • Web/SEO research 
So, if you'd like to find out more - get started with my first post in the series. 

 

Comments